March 02, 2007

Oh my aching...

HEELS!

It's Friday and I'm excited for that. It's Friday and I get to leave work early.
It's Friday and I'm leaving early to see the podiatrist... NOT fun.

My heel pain was finally diagnosed a couple weeks back as plantar faciitis (sp?) and I also have heel spurs in both feet (yay). I remember when I was little there was a happy, upbeat cowboy song that went something like, "I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle"... somehow my spurs don't give off that same feeling. Ah well.

The doctor will be (for the second time) injecting cortisone into each foot from the inside side of each heel... hence the title of this entry. It hurts like hell!!! (What's interesting is I have never had a problem with needles or injections or giving blood, etc., but apparently this is the worst/most painful area to have this type of needle jabbed - and I agree.)

Anyway, onto happier thoughts... HAPPY HOUR! Still not sure if I'm going as I no longer work in DC and it's terribly inconvenient to drive in right after work in VA, but I'm gonna look into it. The HH is with old coworkers and I'm excited to see a couple of them (notice "a couple"). Only showing up will tell.

No real plans for the weekend - must get my nephew's b-day gift wrapped and shipped to Pgh!
Happy Friday!

No comments: